photo by Steve Penland

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Just In Case You Need A Visual...

For those of you who might be wondering "just what does her skating look like now?  And just how bad was it before?," I offer the following video.  The "comparison video" from 2011 was actually from after my first major technical improvement, so the contrast is not as dramatic as it could have been had I been willing to use been able to find good comparison video from 2010 or before.  (Oh, and at the end there are some accels with Mel and Sprinter boy and a couple others, just to show how it ought to look).  Enjoy.

Follow this link to YouTube, which I'm using rather than posting the video because we still have that pesky data limit on our home computer.

Anyway, the technique is still feeling great, although I think I've been a bit overenthusiastic about skating the past week and it's time for some rest.  Up next: prep for the 10K in Milwaukee Feb. 1.  Should be interesting to see how many laps I can keep the new technique going for...

No comments:

Post a Comment