photo by Steve Penland

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Call Me Cranky

This "time off" thing is not going well.  Here are the stats after 3 missed workouts: PopTart consumption is up.  Mood is down.  Heel is sore.  Pants are tight.  Caffeine consumption is up.  So are PVC's (non-exercise triggered, of course, since there is no exercise.  Well, walking seems to bring them on.  To the fridge and back, mostly).  Message to Mayo cardiologist has been sent but not (3 days later) answered yet.  Email to Coach TieGuy asking if there's anything else to be done with this heel other than ice it, stay off it, and curse it has just been sent.

Bitch-o-meter is about to be pegged.

I think it's probably worse because my last skating effort before my time off was a spectacular fail (I seem to have become quite good, these past 3 years, at failing to achieve my goals in a most thorough fashion).  Thanks to my heel, I don't have the opportunity to get right back on the horse.  A few good workouts would probably make me feel better.

Of course, a few bad ones would, well, let's just say if I'd had a few bad workouts I'd advise you to buy some stock in Kellog's (maker of PopTarts, you know) and stay very, very far out of my way.

Tuesday...I'm hoping to skate again Tuesday.  Could be a long weekend...


2 comments:

  1. omg. this blog is such a great way to vent! i should try this sometime! >;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's definitely better than eating more poptarts or snapping at the hubby. Not that I've done either of those lately... :-)

    ReplyDelete