photo by Steve Penland

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Well, That Was Fun

No, seriously, it was.

I skated with a couple people from my new inline team today (well, one from the new team, one from my old team who is now, like me, on the new team).  We skated 11 miles, on a trail I've skated on in the past but haven't been on in several years.  And it was fun.

True, I was the slowest of the three of us; they had billed it as a "no drop" skate--that is, no matter how slow you go they won't leave you behind and skate off into the sunset--and I tested them on that a couple times.  I struggled to keep up in general, and a couple times was much more cautious on downhills than they were, thus causing them to have to hang out a bit waiting for me after they finished their descent.  They set a pretty brisk pace, and it was definitely not my usual weekend "recovery skate" (I don't think one customarily hits a max heart rate of 197 on a "recovery skate"), but that's OK since I'm currently in a state of "I don't have any idea of what my area of focus for my skating will be this year, so I'm just out to have as much fun as I can."  That, and I didn't actually do any workouts this week that I would have needed to recover from, so a recovery workout would have been kind of superfluous anyway.

So I skated, and it was fun.  So far, so good.  I'm still not sure what I plan to do with this week's upcoming dryland workouts, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment