photo by Steve Penland

Friday, June 8, 2012

Race!

In a couple of hours my sister Energizer Bunny and I will head north to Baxter, Minnesota.  Bright and early tomorrow morning (as in 7:30 am), we'll be racing trudging our way through the Baxter Inline Half-Marathon.  There's also a marathon, but we thought it would be prudent to do the half.  I'm in the midst of training for long track ice, and EB has some foot issues, so 13.1 miles sounded a lot more attractive than 26.2.  Since this is a small race, and cross-drafting (drafting off of the other gender) is not allowed, EB and I plan to stick together and take turns leading.  This way, we're at least guaranteed a "pace line" of two!  I've got my new skates--Bont Cheetahs with 100 mm wheels, which should be good "open road" setup--but since I just picked them up last night and haven't skated an inch in them, I don't plan to use them in the race tomorrow.  I think I'll bring them along, though; you know, just in case my other skates catch fire just before the race or something and I need a backup.  I'm also supposed to pick up my skinsuit with my new team colors--Max Muscle--before the race, but I'm bringing my old Media Machine skinsuit along, too; you know, just in case my fat ass extemely well-muscled thighs don't fit into the new skinsuit and I need a backup.  Should be a fun event!

In other news:  School's.  Out. For.  The.  Summer!!  As much as I like my job, I am also a big fan of sleeping in (well, as much as I can with morning workouts), sitting around surfing the net, getting to watch entire Twins games on TV without having to go to bed right before the ninth inning, and hanging out with the Hubster and the hound.  I do plan to work on a few things for next school year, clean and organize a few things around the house, and work on a few personal improvements this summer.  So I'll have to figure out a couple of "behavior interventions" for myself, to make sure I stay on track.

Back with the race report soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment