photo by Steve Penland

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Turns Out Its NOT the Altitude...

...that spun my world around in Salt Lake City last weekend. I figured that out when, after 2 days here in nice sea-level Minnesota, I was still lightheaded and experiencing moments of vertigo (thankfully mild) when I turned my head. So I went to the doctor today and he diagnosed labrynthitis--an infection (usually viral) or inflammation of the inner ear.  When I Googled it, the symptoms fit perfectly with what I experienced.  And the good news is that it will go away on its own; the bad news is that it will take another week or two.  Damn.

On the plus side, I'm not too dizzy to inline skate.  I tried it briefly at the Dome on Wednesday, to try skating with some of my Team Time Trial team and to see whether or not I'd get dizzy and tip over.  I was a little wobbly when I first got on the skates but then felt fine, and did 8 laps fairly comfortably with two other skaters from my team.  So I should be good to go for the marathon on Saturday, right?  I mean, it's just 70 laps...how hard can it be?

Or maybe I'm delusional as well as lightheaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment