photo by Steve Penland

Monday, September 2, 2013

How I Spent My Last Weekend of Summer Vacation

So what did I do on my final weekend before school officially starts tomorrow?

Well, there was some of this...



And a bit of this...


There was a bit of this...


But also a whole lot of this...

But mostly, there was this...
This is my annual last-week-before-school starts nightmare.  It's the schedule for my students, myself, and the paraprofessionals that work in my class.  Ten kids, six adults, all scheduled in five-minute increments for a six-and-a-half hour day.  For a five day cycle.  And I can't start working on my schedules until the building master schedule is done, which is usually sometime during the week before school starts. It's a logic-type problem ("seven people need to cross a river in three canoes but John can't sit with Cindy and Joe can't be in the middle of a canoe..."  Oi.)  I used to be really good at these type of logic problems, but as I've gotten older my brain has gotten less flexible with such information and now I find myself staring vaguely at my little post-it flags for inordinate amounts of time.  But now it's done (at least, until I get to school tomorrow and discover how many things I need to change), and I'm ready to re-enter the world of the working.

Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment