photo by Steve Penland

Monday, December 24, 2012

The 12 Days of Christmas

We're at the cabin for Christmas again this year, as we were last year.  This year will be even more fun because, in addition to my sister Energizer Bunny and her husband Sherpa Boy, (and their two cats), my parents and their four dogs are also up here.  So we'll have the whole Fam Damily together for Christmas, which hasn't happened in a while.   After frantically packing a mountain of crap into the Avalanche Friday night after work, I dragged the Hubster and Keira the Wonderdog to the oval Saturday morning so I could race before we set out on the 5 hour drive. Races went OK, and Keira got to meet my skating buddies (the Hubster has met them before)  and Cross Boy awarded her Dog of the Day, so that was fun.  Now we're at the cabin, stoking the woodfire in our cabin every hour-and-a half (slight exaggeration, but not much) and enjoying hanging out with my parents at their cabin.  Unfortunately, I appear to have forgotten the camera cord so I can't post any photos--at least not until I get home--but there's nothing stopping me from posting a song!  Well, nothing but good taste, but that's never stopped me before.  So, without further ado, and with apologies to "The 12 Days of Christmas," here's my song..._


Our Trip to the Cabin

For our trip to the cabin,
This is what we need:
12 Diet Dews,
11 Hats and Mittens,
10 pounds of turkey,
9 kinds of chocolate,
pairs of boots (yes, really--for 2 people. And there's no snow)
7 different jackets,
pairs of wool socks ,
5 flannel sheets (OK, 2 pillow cases, 2 sheets, and a fuzzy blanket.  Plus 2 blankets from the cabin).
4 pounds of ham,
3 rolly things (You know, the foam roller and rolly stick and tennis ball for rehabbing myself),
2 jugs of water,
And a hairy dog in the backseat.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. When you think about it, if you have a hairy dog and a rolly thing, you really are pretty much set. Well, the 9 kinds of chocolate, too.

    (My time trials Saturday felt really good but my times were really bad. I've decided to join in with a bunch of the rest of the skaters and blame the ice...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, you're right...unless, of course, the hairy dog eats the 9 kinds of chocolate...then you've got trouble! Fortunately Keira is the best-behaved (or perhaps the dumbest) dog on the planet--she's currently sleeping not 6 feet from 2 full bowls of catfood, and slept there all night. Good dog!

      As for the time trials, you need to come up here to MN for the Am Cup so you can blame the ice, the wind, the cold, the snow... :-)
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas, Kaari. Wishing you and your family a holiday filled with joy, love and speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon...to you, as well! I've got the joy and love, so I guess I just need to work on the speed!

      Delete