photo by Steve Penland

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Update...Sort of...

So I made it to Milwaukee and I raced on Saturday and by Saturday evening I had a nice blog post in my head, all ready to type out as I watched the Vikings/Packers game in my hotel room.

The game was only one of many things that went wrong.

I hadn't brought my usual laptop, but a tablet that my brother in law had given us.  I hadn't used the accessory keyboard with it before, but I figured "how hard can it be to figure out?"

As hard as it was for the Vikings to gain any passing yards, as it turned out.

I managed to find my blog and get the "web view" that allowed me to log in, and got to the "new post" page.  And then when I started typing I realized there was no cursor, which caused all sorts of confusion, and no way to skip a line (as in, when I hit "enter" nothing happened) and no way to move back through what I had already typed, short of deleting everything I'd already typed.  This meant that there was no easy way to edit anything. I was also going to say that there was no way to indicate paragraph changes, either, since I couldn't skip a line...but I just realized I could have used "tab," like in the old days.  Clearly I'm not qualified to be driving the tablet.

So, since the Vikings were sucking and I was losing the battle with technology and I had to get up at 5:30, I did what any rational person would do.

 I gave up on the game and the post and I went to bed at 8:30.

So I didn't post Saturday, and I raced again today (Sunday) and then jumped in the car for the five-and-a-half hour drive, and now I'm home and it's late and I'm too tired to do a proper post.  So y'all will just have to wait until tomorrow to see how the weekend of racing went.

Ooh, the suspense.

2 comments: