photo by Steve Penland

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photos

So, here are some pictures from the North Shore Inline Marathon.  All photos are taken by Mike Dahms, a Max Muscle teammate who is recovering from an injury.

Here I am at the finish.  It's helpful, when scanning through dozens of photos of your teammates--all of whom  are wearing the exact same skinsuit that you are--if you have a distinguishing characteristic; that way you can avoid having to blow up all the photos to full size to figure out which ones are you.  I'd like to say that my awesome technique is my distinguishing characteristic--but it's not.  My nice bulky kneepads, on the other hand, are.

 After the final corner

 My weight is (mostly) over my gliding leg...

Dang, and I thought I was "low" in those final yards.  Nope.

And here are some team photos:
 "Normal"...


...and "flexing" (we are, after all, "Max Muscle")

And that's that.  Next up:  more oval skating, and probably a trip to Milwaukee to see how I do on ice.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, come to Milwaukee, we have *ice* :) (There's been ice for a while now, but I've only just recently gotten on it-I just can't bring myself to hang out in a refrigerated building when it is still *summer* out. But not so much summer anymore. And it is so nice being back on the ice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'll definitely be down there soon. I'm going to the masters camp in SLC in mid-October, so I need to get on the ice at least once before then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look low for the end of a marathon in those finishing pics! I've seen you much higher during a hypo/PVC phase 4 lapper at the oval! ;) Great pics, all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Wish you could have been there...we should be looking at finishing pics of you winning the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well....at least the ice season (that has already started for some!!) is so long that i may get in on the tail end of racing in spring...lots of jan/feb/march events to take finishing pics of, i hope! ;)

    ReplyDelete