photo by Steve Penland

Monday, November 28, 2011

Dog-o-Rama

Since I haven't been skating in 5 days, I need to find another way to amuse myself.  My parents' three little ankle-biter dogs (and my dog Keira) did the trick this weekend.

Here are the three...Bronko, the oldest, biggest and mellowest, is a 9-year-old Chihuahua-Jack Russel mix.  Birdee, the black MinPin, is two, and way too smart for her own (and her owners') good.  Belle, the puppy, is a smart, bossy 7-month old MinPin.
I'd fix Belle's red eye, but it's kind of fitting...

They're not always playing.  Here they are, staking their claim to my mom's new recliner...
I'm not sure where my mom plans to sit.

Meanwhile, Keira decides that her own bed, brought 600 miles from home, is no longer acceptable.  Instead, she prefers the "little guys" bed...overhang notwithstanding.

The MinPins are loud and bossy, but they're friendly, too...especially when it gets a little chilly in the house.
Clearly, I won't be going anywhere soon.

The pups love to eat, too.  My mom is chief treat-dispenser.
Notice Belle sneaking in for a freebie while Birdee is getting rewarded for "shake."

Belle sleeping off Thanksgiving dinner with my dad.

Meanwhile, Birdee monitors the Hubster's surfing.

MinPin bookends (only lacking the books)

And finally, I leave you with my favorite picture from the weekend which, if I knew how to caption photos, would be captioned "My Ninja moves...let me show u dem"


(Not to worry--I have three workouts this week and two days of racing next weekend...I'm sure I'll have something skating-related for you soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment