photo by Steve Penland

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Caffeine-free and Cranky

This is gonna be a short post because I like to keep this blog profanity-free and, given my current level of crankiness, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to sustain that.

Going caffeine-free sucks.

Notice I didn't say being caffeine free.  That's because, despite trying for over a week, I'm not yet.  Well, I haven't had any caffeine today but I've only been up for two hours, so the day is young.

I tried to go completely caffeine free twice in the past week, when I figured I'd tapered enough to be able to stop  altogether.  Both times I ended up with an emergency application of caffeine before lunchtime.  Both those days were workdays, though, which not only meant that I was less tolerant of feeling lousy, but also that I didn't think it fair to inflict my crankiness on students and co-workers.

Today it's just me and the Hubster and the dog.

I hope they both survive.

On the PVC front, I'm still getting them when skating, even though I'm down to about a half cup of coffee a day (and I drink it more than 12 hours before skating).  I have noticed a big reduction in PVC's when inactive or only doing light activity like walking the dog, though.  Tomorrow I'll race completely caffeine-free (assuming I don't cave today, that is), so we'll see what happens.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment